How Author Visit Match Works
What you—the author or illustrator—do:
- You will create a profile that will become your Web page on our site. It will include cover images, book descriptions, a bio, info about your presentations, and much more. (And it's extra-easy for you to update!)
- Remember to update your profile when you have a new book or program available.
What Author Visit Match does:
- We will keep an active database of schools and libraries across the country.
- On a quarterly basis, we will send emails to let them know about the School Street Media author-visit services.
- We will maintain an active database of authors and illustrators who sign up for our services that is searchable in ways that educators will find useful: by name, grade level, geographic area, fee range, etc.
- We will provide a professional-looking profile Web page for each of our authors and illustrators with plenty of useful information that can be updated easily.
- We will advertise our services in various media to get the attention of the educational and literacy-minded communities.
- As our database grows, we plan to offer other special marketing efforts to help further connect you with schools.
How it works:
- After receiving emails from Author Visit Match or seeing any of our marketing efforts, educators who are interested in having authors/illustrators come for a school visit will come to the Author Visit Match website to set up a free account.
- They will be able to search our database to find someone (hopefully you!) who meets their specifications.
- They can access any of the active profiles to read more about the author/illustrator and books.
- They can click on a link to your own website.
- Educators can make contact with you directly through your profile.
- You are free to make whatever arrangements are suitable.